Computer Information Systems 521: Introduction to Information Assurance
The Computer Information Systems 521 course is designed to give students an understanding of information assurance concepts. You are advised to pay careful attention to the class lectures and lab exercises. Exam questions are based primarily on the material covered in class and are designed to test your understanding of the underlying concepts of information assurance. This course examines basic enterprise information systems assurance principles and examines operational, technical, and administrative aspects of information assurance. It also covers information security management and much of the common Body of Knowledge of the CISSP Exam. Topics include:
• Management of information security and planning,
• Information security policy and risk management,
• Ethical issues and social engineering,
• Developing the security program and security management models,
• Digital forensics introduction, and
• Applications, operations, and physical security.
Sample Course Syllabus:
For additional information, please contact Dr. Christie Fuller firstname.lastname@example.org.